加载中…
个人资料
wave
wave
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:122,219
  • 关注人气:398
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

从汉语中学英语--新疆第21集

(2011-07-18 18:35:50)
标签:

杂谈

英语

分类: 从汉语中学英语

大牛:快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。

  Learn Chinese the fun way. It's much easier to remember.

 

韩佳:大牛,节目一开始 怎么就做起体操来了?

  Daniel, why are you doing exercise at the beginning of our program?

 

大牛:谁做体操了。

  I'm not doing exercise at all.

 

韩佳:那你这是在冒充稻草人?

  Are you pretending to be a scarecrow?

 

大牛:韩佳,麦田离这里还有好几公里啊。

  Han Jia, the wheat fields are miles away from here.

  我没事冒充稻草人干吗?

  Why should I pretend to be a scarecrow here?

  你得深入地看问题啊。

  You should look at things from a deeper perspective.

 

韩佳:哦!

  Huh!

 

大牛:知道了?

  Now understand?

 

韩佳:知道了。你又在故弄玄虚。

  I understand it's a fuss about nothing again.

 

大牛:我告诉你啊我的这个动作可是有深刻含义的。

  Let me tell you my gesture like this means a great deal.

  现在我的右手是在中国的境内, 而我的左手呢 可是在哈萨克斯坦的境内。

  My right hand is inside the Chinese territory while my left hand in the territory of Kazakhstan.

  这里就是中哈两国的边界, 以界碑为证。

  This is the border between China and Kazakhstan, as proved by this boundary marker.

 

韩佳:你以为界碑就是边界啊?

  You thought the boundary marker means to be the boundary?

  界碑只是一种标识,并不是真正的边界。

  A boundary marker is only a symbol, not the exact boundary.

 

大牛:有什么不同吗?

  Are there any differences?

 

韩佳:当然不同了。

  Of course there are.

  界标和边界可是两个概念。

  Boundary marker and boundary are two different concepts.

 

Jièbiāo hé biānjiè kě shì liǎng gè gàiniàn.

  界标 和 边界 可 是 两 个 概念。

  Boundary markers and borderlines are two different concepts.

  边界是两国法律上的分界。

  A boundary is the legal demarcation between two countries.

  而界标呢是起到标识分界作用的标志。

  And a boundary marker serves as a symbol of the demarcation line.

 

大牛:啊,不早说啊?

  Hey, why didn't you say this earlier?

  刚才两只胳膊举了半天,酸死了。

  I held up my arms for a long while and now they are sore.

  那真正的边界在哪儿啊?

  Then where is the exact boundary?

 

韩佳:真正的中哈边界啊就是我们身后的这条霍尔果斯河, 以航道的中心为界。

  The exact Sino-Kazak boundary is the Horgos River behind us, with the middle of the water course as the demarcation line.

  那边就是哈萨克斯坦的境内了。

  That side is the territory of Kazakhstan.

 

大牛:这我得好好看看。

  Let me take a close look.

 

韩佳:哎,大牛,你可不能再往前走了。

  Hey, Daniel, you can't go further ahead.

 

大牛:怎么了?

  Why not?

  不是还没过桥呢嘛。

  I haven't crossed the bridge yet.

 

韩佳:你可千万不能往前走了!

  You mustn't go forward any further!

  看看脚底下的桥面有什么不同。

  Look if there is anything different on the bridge surface.

 

大牛:哦,对。

  Okay.

  这路面两边的颜色不一样啊。

  The two parts of the surface are different in color.

 

韩佳:对啊。这座桥叫霍尔果斯桥。

  Yes. This bridge is called the Horgos Bridge.

  桥的正中间也正好是界河的航道中心。

  Its middle is this river's central lin

  所以呢...

  So ...

 

大牛:所以路面偏白的这一面是中国,偏黑的那一面就是哈萨克斯坦。

  So, the part in white is Chinese and the darker part is Kazak.

 

韩佳:嗯,没错。

  Yes, exactly.

  你可要小心不要越界哦。

  You must be careful not to cross the boundary.

 

大牛:哎呀,异国风情就在我眼前啊。

  Wow, the land of a foreign country is right before me.

  我望...我望...我望而却步啊。

  But I have to "wang er que bu".

 

韩佳:嘿,知道的成语还不少。

  Hey, you know so many idioms.

  就是用得不是地方。

  But only it's not aptly used.

 

大牛:啊?

  Really?

 

韩佳:望而却步的却啊是后退的意思。

  The "que" in "wang er que bu" means to shrink back.

  望而却步这个成语是指遇到了危险或者是做不到的事情,就往后退缩了。望而却步。

  The idiom "wang er que bu" means to shrink back at the sight of something dangerous or difficult. "Wang er que bu".

 

大牛:嗯,的确用得不是地方。

  Yes, I did use it inappropriately.

  看不到异国风情有一点儿遗憾啊。

  It is a pity not to be able to see the foreign land up close.

 

韩佳:别遗憾啊。

  I don't think it's that much of a pity.

  不过去并不代表看不到啊。

  Being unable to cross the bridge doesn't mean you cannot see the sight.

 

大牛:什么意思?

  What do you mean?

 

韩佳:你忘了啊,这里自古以来边境贸易就十分繁荣。

  Don't you know that, since ancient times, border trade has been prosperous here?

 

Zhèli zì gǔ yǐlái biānjìng màoyì jiù shífēn fánróng.

  这里 自 古 以来 边境 贸易 就十分 繁荣。

  Trade along the border here has been flourshing since ancient times.

 

  离这儿不远呢, 就是有名的中哈一条街。

  Not far from here, there is a street called Sino-Kazak Street.

  我们可以去那边看看。

  We can go over and have a look.

 

大牛:逛商场?走。

  Shopping? Let's go.

 

韩佳:您看,这里卖的都是伊犁当地的工艺品,还有很多哈萨克斯坦的商品。

  You see, this place sells mostly local Ili arts and crafts, as well as goods from Kazakhstan.

  瞧瞧,这披肩多漂亮啊!很有特色。

  Look, how pretty this scarf is! Very stylish.

 

大牛:小姐,好眼光啊。

  Miss, you have an eye for nice things.

 

韩佳:大牛,你在这儿干什么呢?

  Daniel, what are you doing here?

 

大牛:我叫穆罕穆德.买买提大牛。 你可以叫我买买提。

  My name is Muhammad Maimaiti Daniel. Or just call me Maimaiti.

 

韩佳:行了,行了,别捣乱了! 赶快把老板给我叫出来。

  Hey, no more pranks! Call out the owner of this stall.

 

大牛:这不是在这儿呢嘛。

  Here you are.

 

韩佳:啊?你想干吗?

  What? What are you doing here?

 

大牛:我想...

  I want ...

  我想向您推荐这把小刀。

  I want to recommend this small knife to you.

 

韩佳:吓我一跳。

  I was startled.

 

大牛:这叫英吉沙小刀。是新疆四大名刀之一。

  This is called Yengisar Knife. one of four most famed knives in Xinjiang.

  绝对物超所值。

  It's absolute "wu chao suo zhi".

 

韩佳:真的吗?

  Really?

 

大牛:对呀。

  Yes.

  物超所值就是说货物的质量超出了价格。

  "wu chao suo zhi" means something is worth more than actually costs.

  物超所值。

  "wu chao suo zhi".

  例如,这把精致的小刀绝对物超所值。

  For example, this exquisite knife is surely "wu chao suo zhi".

 

Zhè bǎ jīngzhì de xiǎo dāo juéduì wù chāo suǒ zhí.

  这 把 精致 的 小 刀 绝对 物 超所 值。

  This exquisite little knife is worth more than it's being sold for.

 

韩佳:是吗?那谢谢了啊。

  Really? Thanks a lot.

  别忘了付钱。

  Don't forget to pay for it.

 

大牛:哎,韩佳,我没带钱。

  Oh, Han Jia, I forgot to bring money with me.

 

  嘉宾:老板,这刀多少钱?

  Excuse me. How much is this knife?

  合: 小姐,好眼光。

  Miss, you have an eye.

 

大牛:哎,韩佳, 我发现冒充店铺老板的不止我一个啊。

  Hey, Han Jia, I found I wasn't the only one pretending to be the owner of this stall.

 

韩佳:不过啊,咱俩都不像。

  But, I think neither of us is like a businessman.

  还是干咱俩的老本行吧。

  We'd better go about our own business.

  看看今天的赏心悦目。

  Please watch today's Feast for the Eyes.

 

大牛:一会儿见。

  See you later.

 

赏心悦目:

  沿着丝绸古道 一路西行 穿越广袤大地来到中国与哈萨克斯坦的边境

  Traveling westward along the Silk Road across a vast area, the visitor will reach the Sino-Kazak border.

  古丝绸之路正是从这里进入中亚

  The ancient Silk Road enters Central Asia here.

  这里也是中国西北最大的公路通商口岸

  Here is the largest highway trading port in northwestern China.

  在霍尔果斯口岸已感受不到千年古道的沧桑

  There is barely any trace of the old Silk Road here in the Korgas Port.

  但是繁荣的边境贸易却维持至今

  But the booming border trade has remained unchanged.

  琳琅满目的商品 充满异国情调

  There is a great variety of commodities both from home and abroad.

  忙碌的身影 热闹的集市

  The marketplace is crowded with people.

  古老的口岸焕发出年轻的活力

  This ancient port is full of vitality.

 

韩佳:好,赏心悦目之后又该给您出今天的问题了。

  After the Feast for the Eyes, it's time again for you to answer today's question.

  本期问题:

  下面的成语中,哪个表示看到了危险或做不到的

  事情而往后退缩呢?

  Which of the following idioms means to shrink back at the sight of something dangerous or difficult?

 

  Wàng chuān qiū shuǐ

  A.望 穿 秋 水

  Look forward to someone's return

  Wàng ér què bù

  B.望 而 却 步 Shrink back at the sight

  of something dangerous or difficult

  cùn bù nán xíng

  C.寸 步 难 行 Difficult to move forward

 

大牛:您也可以用以下方式参与我们的答题活动。

  You may also participate using the following method.

  节目的最后别忘了我们的口号:

  At the end of this program, please don't forget our slogan:

  合: 学说中国话,朋友遍天下。

  Learn Chinese and have friends everywhere.

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有