加载中…
个人资料
wave
wave
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:122,779
  • 关注人气:399
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

从汉语中学英语--西安第3集

(2011-06-08 09:40:40)
标签:

杂谈

分类: 从汉语中学英语

  合: 快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。

  It's easy and fun to learn Chinese.

 

韩佳:欢迎来到《快乐中国》。

  Welcome to China.

  我是快乐的韩佳。

  I'm the happy Han Jia.

 

大牛:我是快乐的大牛。

  And I am the happy Daniel.

 

韩佳:来到西安,有个地方您可不能不去。

  Being in Xi'an, there is a place you must visit.

 

大牛:西安不能不去的地方太多了。

  There are too many places that I must see here.

  不知道你说的是哪个呀?

  Which place do you mean?

 

韩佳:哎,我先问问你。

  But let me ask you first.

  你知道世界上的第八大奇迹吗?

  Do you know what's the eighth wonder of the world?

 

大牛:知道啊。西安兵马俑。

  Yes, I do. The Xi'an terra cotta warriors.

  啊,你是说我们今天要去看兵马俑?

  Oh, you mean we are going to see the terra cotta army today?

 

韩佳:对,就是西安兵马俑。

  Yes, Xi'an terra cotta warriors and horses.

 

大牛:哎呀呀,真是!

  Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh!

 

韩佳:大牛,你别老哎呀呀呀。

  Daniel, what do you mean by yeah, yeah?

  你到底想说什么呀?

  What exactly do you want to say?

 

大牛:我觉得真是,哎呀呀。

  I feel like yeah, yeah and yeah.

 

韩佳:你是不是很吃惊啊

  Are you surprised?

 

大牛:对。小时候我在书上读到过。

  Right. I read about them when I was small.

  长大了我在电视上看到过。

  I watched them on TV later when I grew up.

  没想到今天我能够亲眼看见。

  I didn't expect I'd see them with my own eyes today.

  兵马俑真令人震惊。

  The terra cotta army is really amazing.

 

韩佳:兵马俑是中国古老文明的精华,是中国人的骄傲。

  It is part of the cream of Chinese civilization and the pride of Chinese people.

 

Bīng mǎyǒng shì zhōngguórén de jiāoào.

  兵马俑 是 中国人 的 骄傲。

  The Terracotta Army is a pride of the Chinese people.

 

大牛:哪个民族拥有这样的奇迹都会感到自豪。

  Whichever nation owns this wondrous heritage would feel proud.

  这里恐怕有几千个兵马俑吧。

  There may be several thousand terra cotta warriors and horses here.

 

韩佳:这块地方有兵马俑6000个左右, 整齐地排列在两个足球场.

      There are about 6,000 of them here, all lining neatly in a place about the size of two football fields.

  

大牛:好庞大的一支军队! 那么大的坑道里。

      What a huge army all standing  in this large pit!

  制造那么多兵马俑 得花多少时间啊?

  How long would it take to make so many terra cotta statues?

 

韩佳:没有确切的记载。

  There are no precise records available.

  据推算, 建秦俑坑花了30多年的时间。

  According to rough calculations, construction of the pit and the terra cotta army took more than 30 years.

 

大牛:真是难以想象 这些都是2000多年前制造的。

  It's really hard to imagine all these were made some 2,000 years ago

  韩佳,这里是全部的兵马俑吗?

  Han Jia, are they the whole of the terra cotta army made then?

 

韩佳:当然不是了。

  Of course not.

  在这里发现了三处秦俑坑呢。

  Altogether, three such pits have been found.

  我们现在看到的只是其中的一处。

  The one we see now is just one of them.

 

大牛:那我们接着欣赏吧。

  Let's go on enjoying them.

 

韩佳:大牛,你仔细看看。

  Daniel, look carefully.

  这里有步兵,还有四十多辆战车。

  There is an infantry here, with some 40 chariots.

  它们的阵容庞大,威风凛凛、

  They are all in a huge formidable battle formation,

  锐不可当。

  "rui bu ke dang" (irresistible).

 

大牛:什么不可当?

  What "bu ke dang"?

 

韩佳:锐不可当啊。

  "rui bu ke dang".

  锐是指锐利,当是指阻挡。

  "rui" means sharpness and "dang" means to stop.

  锐不可当是指十分凶猛不可阻挡。

  "rui bu me dang" means to be very powerful and irresistible.

  这个词是用来形容军队的战斗力十分强大。

  This idiom is used to describe the powerfulness of an army's capabilities.

 

大牛:哦,锐不可当指十分凶猛不可阻挡。例如,

  "rui bu ke dang" means overwhelming or unstoppable. For example,

  我眼前的这支军队锐不可当。

  The army before me is "rui bu ke dang".

 

Wǒ yǎn qián de zhè zhī jūnduì ruìbùkědǎng.

  我 眼 前 的 这 支 军队锐不可当。

  The army in front of me looks invincible.

 

韩佳:你看,它们的排兵布阵就像一部 立体的秦代兵书。

  You may as well consider the battle formation here a 3-D Qin Dynasty book on the art of war.

 

大牛:这军事我可不懂。

  I don't understand warfare.

  我是把它们当成一件艺术品来看的。

  I just regard them as various art objects.

 

韩佳:哦,那你说说你有什么发现。

  Then tell me what you have discovered.

 

大牛:你看,这么多兵马俑都站得整整齐齐的, 像是一个模子刻出来的。

  Look, these neatly lined terra cotta warriors seem to be made with a single mould.

 

韩佳:哎,这你就说错了。再仔细看看。

  Hey, you are wrong. Look carefully again.

 

大牛:仔细看还真不一样。

  Looking carefully, I do find they are all different from one another.

    有的有胡须,有的没有。

  Some wear beards, some don't.

  长相、发型、穿着都不相同。

  Their looks, hairstyles and attire are all different.

 

韩佳:这秦俑的一个特点 就是一千个人有一千张面孔。

  One significant feature of these Qin terra cotta statues is that they all look different from one another.

  人物造型变化多端。

  The images and postures are varied.

 

大牛:我猜这些都是按照真人做成的, 要不然怎么会有这么多不同的面孔呢。

  I guess they were all modeled on real persons, or there wouldn't be so many different images.

 

韩佳:这说得还有点道理。

  That sounds reasonable.

 

大牛:这近看才知道, 兵马俑的个儿也不矮。

  At close range, I find these terra cotta warrior are not short at all.

 

韩佳:这下知道了吧?

  Now you understand?

  这些陶俑平均身高一米八。

  These terra cotta warriors average 1.8 meters in height.

  最高的将近两米, 比你大牛还高呢。

  The tallest is nearly 2 meters, even taller than you, Daniel.

 

大牛:真是,威武、雄壮。

  They are really formidable and impressive.

  令人百看不厌。

  You'll never feel tired of looking at them

 

韩佳:是啊。

  Yes.

  你看他们手上的骨骼和指甲 都制作得那么精细。

  You see their hand bones and fingernails are all delicately made.

 

大牛:而且整个身体的比例十分匀称, 就像真的士兵一样。

  And the various parts of their body are all in proper proportions, making them look like real soldiers

 

韩佳:秦兵马俑是非常写实的。

  These terra cotta warriors are very life-like.

  简洁而不粗糙,细致而不琐碎, 具有神形兼备的艺术效果。

  Their images may appear simple but not rough, detailed but not redundant, showing an artistic effect of combining the portrayals of both image and spirit.

 

Bīngmǎyǒng jùyǒu xíngshénjiānbèi de yìshù xiàoguǒ.

  兵马俑 具有 神形兼备 的 艺术效果。

  The horses and warriors of the Terracotta Army are vivid both in their shapes and expressions.

 

大牛:好了,好了。

  Yes, indeed.

  参观兵马俑不简单, 还是让我来留个影吧。

  It isn't easy to be able to see such terra cotta warriors, so let me pose for a picture.

 

韩佳:好啊。

  Yes.

 

大牛:我做准备。

  Let me get ready.

  准备好了。

  I'm ready.

 

韩佳:准备好了吗大牛?

  Are you ready, Daniel?

 

大牛:好了。

  Yes, please.

 

韩佳:我可要照了啊。

  I'm going to press the shutter now.

  大牛,感觉怎么样?

  Daniel, how do you think?

 

大牛:哎呀呀,真是,哎呀呀。

  Yeah, yeah, really yeah, yeah.

 

韩佳:你怎么又没词了呀?

  Short of words again?

 

大牛:开玩笑。

  Kidding.

  这秦兵马俑不仅仅是罕见的艺术品, 它为我们了解古代历史提供了非常大的帮助。

  These Qin terra cotta warriors not just are rare works of art, but have shed new light on the study of ancient history.

 

韩佳:没错。

  Exactly.

  通过秦俑坑出土的文物, 我们可以了解到当时科技发展的水平。

  Through these historical objects unearthed in the pit, we can understand the levels of science and technology in that period.

 

大牛:简直是举世瑰宝,怎么看也看不够。

  They are world-famous rare treasures, which I never feel tired of seeing.

 

韩佳:那就让我们再次去欣赏一下兵马俑吧, 请看赏心悦目。

  Now let's recapture the beauty of these terra cotta warriors through the Feast for the Eyes.

 

赏心悦目:

  秦兵马俑是世界第八大奇迹

  The terra cotta warriors are regarded as the eighth wonder of the world.

  这里有一支庞大雄壮的军队

  There is a massive and formidable army here.

  表情各异 栩栩如生

  Their facial expressions are all different and life-like.

  线条简洁 做工精细

  Despite the brief lines, all the figures were crafted delicately.

  这些秦俑沉睡千年 如今依然神采奕奕

  Having been asleep for thousands of years, they are today as vivid as ever before.

  再现了先秦时期我国的文化成就

  These terra cotta warriors embody great achievements of China in the Qin Dynasty.

  是世界文明的宝贵遗产和中华民族的骄傲

  They are part of the valuable heritage of human civilization, as well as the pride of the Chinese nation.

 

大牛:好了,观众朋友们, 又到出题的时间了。

  Okay, viewer friends,

  

  it's time again for the question.

 

本期问题:

  “锐不可当”这个词语可以用来形容什么呢?

  What does the idiom "rui bu ke dang"describe?

  Jūn duì

  A.军 队 Army

  Wǔ qì

  B.武 器 Weapons

  Zhèn dì

  C.阵 地 Battle position

 

精美礼品等您拿。

  Beautiful gifts are waiting for you.

  别忘了我们的联系方式,就在这儿呢。

  Don't forget to contact us also through the following methods.

 

韩佳:好了我们今天的节目就到这里了。

  Well, we're coming to the end of this program.

  欢迎您明天继续收看我们的《快乐中国》。

  We welcome you to continue to watch Happy China tomorrow.

  大牛:别忘了我们的口号:

  Don't forget our motto:

  合: 学说中国话,朋友遍天下。

  Learn Chinese and have friends everywhere.

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有