加载中…
个人资料
wave
wave
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:118,148
  • 关注人气:398
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

从汉语中学英语--香港第19集

(2010-09-15 13:08:05)
标签:

英语

单词

词根

前缀

后缀

杂谈

分类: 从汉语中学英语

  合: 快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。

  Learning Chinese is easy and fun.

  韩佳:大家好。

  Hello, everyone.

  我们现在是在《快乐中国》号游船上。

  We are now on board the Happy China pleasure ship.

  今天要带大家去领略一下  香港的海上风情。

  We are going to give our audience a glimpse of some sea scenes of Hong Kong.

  

大牛:报告船长,航线错了。

  Report, Captain, it's a wrong route.

  我们已经开到人家居民小区里了。

  Now we've entered a local residential quarter.

  

韩佳:前方没有路了。

  We are in an impasse.

  我命令靠岸,全体下船。

  I order to pull in to shore. All disembark.

  

大牛:是。

  Yes, sir.

  

韩佳:牛大副,全体成员都下船了吗?

  First Mate Daniel, have alighted?

  大牛:报告船长,大家已经下船待命了。

  Report, Captain, all have alighted, waiting for your orders.

  

韩佳:嗯,点数。

  Okay, check the number.

  

合: 一,二。全到齐了。

  One, two. All are here.

  

大牛:整条船就我们两个人。

  There are only two of us on board.

  

韩佳:其实这么大条船  我们两个人都用不上了,  因为它本身已经不是船,而是一家商场了。

  In fact, this huge ship isn't available even for the two of us

    because it is no longer a ship.  It has turned into a shopping mall.

  

大牛:没错。

  Exactly.

  这里就是黄埔新世界商场。

  This is the New World Shopping Center at Whampoa.

  怎么样,有特色吧?

  Is that something special?

  香港是购物者的天堂,那可不是吹的。

  It's no exaggeration to say Hong Kong is shoppers' paradise.

  什么样的商场都有,生意兴隆。

  You can find all kinds of shops, all doing brisk business.

  

韩佳:哎,大牛,眼看着我们就要回去了,  咱们应该给北京的朋友们买些礼物。

  Daniel, we are returning soon, what kind of gifts we should buy for our friends in Beijing.

  你觉得怎么样?

  What do you think of this?

  

Jiù yào huíqù le , zánmen qù mǎi xiē lǐwù zěnmeyàng?

  就 要 回去 了, 咱们 去 买 些 礼物 怎么样?

  It's almost time to go back, why don't we go giftshopping.

  

大牛:好啊。

  Pretty good.

  不过,韩佳,我知道你们女孩子  一逛商场就是买衣服。

  But, Han Jia, I know you girls always buy clothes whenever you go shopping.

  挑来挑去的没完没了。

  And always spending a lot of time choosing your wares.

  麻烦着呢。

  It is extremely time consuming.

  

韩佳:哎,今天说好不买衣服。

  Hey, no shopping for clothes today.

  

大牛:一言为定。

  It's a deal.

  

韩佳:嗯,走。

  Okay, let's go.

  这是香港国际金融中心的二期工程,  八十八层。

  We are now on the 88th floor of the Hong Kong International Finance Center, Phase II.

  是目前香港最高的建筑物了。

  It is the tallest office building in Hong Kong.

  

大牛:八十八层呢,   简直是高耸入云。

  With 88 stories, the building towers high into the clouds.

  

韩佳:是啊。你看它真的像插入了云里一样。

  Yes. It does seem like thrusting into the clouds.

  哎,大牛,你这是干吗呀?

  Hey, Daniel, what are doing?

  

大牛:我在算,要是每天我们逛十层楼的话,   那咱们也得逛一个多星期呢。

  I am doing calculations. Suppose we visit ten stories a day,

    it would take us more than a week to visit them all.

  

韩佳:谁说那上面是商场了呀?

  Who said those upper floors were shops?

  咱们要逛的是下面   国际金融中心的商场。

  What we are going to visit are the stores in the lower stories of the Int'l Finance Center.

  

大牛:这里也不小啊。

  But those are also very large.

  韩佳,香港有没有批发市场啊?

  Han Jia, are there any wholesale markets in Hong Kong?

  

韩佳:大牛,你有点诚意好不好?

  Daniel, could you be a little more honest?

  

大牛:不是,最近我能花的钱不是特别多了。

  Not really that, but the money I still have for shopping isn't really much.

  

韩佳:真麻烦。你直接说你手头紧不就行了嘛。

  It's really troublesome. You just tell me you straight "shou tou jin".

  

大牛:手头紧。

  "shou tou jin" (short of money).

  

韩佳:这是一句口语。

  This is a colloquialism.

  手头紧就是说手里没什么钱了。

  "shou tou jin" means to be short of money.

  

大牛:跟成语囊中羞涩的意思一样吧?

  Is it the same as the idiom "nang zhong xiu se" (a shy purse - short of money)?

  

韩佳:可以呀。会用成语解释口语了。

  Big deal. You can use an idiom to interpret a colloquialism.

  不错。

  Not bad.

  

大牛:手头紧和囊中羞涩都是说  手里没什么钱了。

  "shou tou jin" and "nang zhong xiu se" are both ways of expressing

     being in a state of financial difficulty.

  例如,我最近手头有点儿紧。

  For example, "wo zui jin shou tou you dian jin".

  

Wǒ zuì jìn shǒutóu yǒu diǎnr jǐn.

  我 最 近 手头 有 点儿 紧。

  I've been having financial difficulties recently.

  我最近手头有点儿紧。

  I am a bit financially overstretched recently.

  

韩佳:没关系。能买什么就买什么。

  It doesn't matter. Buy whatever you like.

  中国有句话说得好:

  As the old Chinese saying goes:

  “千里送鹅毛,礼轻情意重。”

  "A light goose feather sent from far away carries profound feelings."

  

大牛:好,我知道了。重要的是心意。

  Yes, I know what you mean. What's important is the kind intention.

  在这里购物感觉真舒服。

  It's really comfortable to shop here.

  

韩佳:那当然了。

  Of course.

  在香港购物的确是一种享受。

  Shopping in Hong Kong is indeed an enjoyment.

  尤其是这里。

  Especially here.

  您需要的品牌几乎都有。

  There are almost all the brand you want.

  大牛:我的眼睛都看花了。

  Even my eyes have become tired, seeing everything blurred.

  真不知道该买什么了。

  And still haven't decided what to buy.

  韩佳:哎,大牛,你看那儿。

  Hey, Daniel, look over there.

  哎,大牛,你看这件怎么样?

  Daniel, how do you think of this one?

  大牛:还行。

  It's okay.

  韩佳:还有那件?

  And that one?

  大牛:也不错。

  Not bad either.

  韩佳:那你等等我。

  Then wait for me.

  大牛:不对不对。

  No, no.

  咱们不是说好了嘛,不要看服装啊?

  Didn't we make a deal not to buy any clothes?

  韩佳:没想到这商场上边还有露天平台。

  I didn't expect there would be an open air terrace here in the mall.

  今天逛得真不错。

  I've had a really good time shopping today.

  憋了好久的购物欲望终于发泄出来了。

  I've finally given full vent to my long pent up desire for shopping.

  大牛呢?

  Where is Daniel?

  大牛,你快点儿啊。

  Daniel, come on.

  大牛:这个韩佳,说是带我逛商场, 她倒是买了这么多衣服, 我还得帮她拿着。

  Han Jia said she'd show me around the mall, but in the end, she has bought so many clothes

   that I have to carry some for her.

  

韩佳:哎,大牛,你嘀咕什么呢?

  What are you murmuring, Daniel?

  

大牛:没有没有。

  Nothing, nothing.

  我是说看你这么大包大揽地买东西,

  I said, look, how happy you were,

  真痛快。

  "da bao da lan".

  

韩佳:哎,用错词儿了吧。

  Hey, a wrong word.

  大包大揽不是说用大包装东西,

  "da bao da lan" doesn't mean big bags of goods.

  而是说全部都揽过来的意思。

  It means to take, buy or undertake the whole of something.

  

大牛:大包大揽是说全部都揽过来的意思, 这里我们谈论的是商场。

  "da bao da lan" means to make the rounds of a certain area,

    in this case we're talking about the shops.

Dà bāo dà lǎn

  大 包 大 揽

  To make the rounds

  

韩佳:对了,大牛你买了什么呀?

  Oh, yes, what did you buy, Daniel?

  大牛:我听你的,

  I took your advice,

  礼轻情意重嘛。

  "li qing qing yi zhong", (a small but meaningful gift).

  所以我就买了这个。

  So I bought this.

  

韩佳:啊,不会吧。

  Oh, no.

  你真买了一串鹅毛啊?

  You did buy a string of goose feathers?

  倒挺漂亮的。

  they are very beautiful.

  对了,大牛我想买...

  Oh, Daniel, I forgot to buy ...

  要不然咱们再...

  Or should we go back ...

  

大牛:学说中国话,朋友遍天下。

  Learn to speak Chinese and you'll have friends everywhere.

  朋友您受累,陪她慢慢逛吧。

  Friends, hope you'll go on shopping with her with patience.

  我先撤一步了。

  I have to leave now.

  

韩佳:哎,我的衣服。

  Oh, my clothes.

  

赏心悦目:

  国际金融中心位于中环黄金地段

  International Finance Center is located in the golden Central district.

  楼高88层 为香港的地标性建筑

  With 88 stories, it is one of HK's landmarks.

  商场名品荟萃

  Its mall features a whole array of name brands.

  物质和文化在这里完美结合

  It's a place where material meets culture.

  舒适的购物环境

  Shopping is an enjoyable experience here.

  宏伟的建筑外观  在迷人的夜色中更显辉煌

  This huge building of architectural beauty looks more attractive at night.

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有