加载中…
个人资料
wave
wave
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:117,847
  • 关注人气:398
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

从汉语中学英语--香港第18集

(2010-09-14 17:08:47)
标签:

英语

单词

词根

前缀

后缀

分类: 从汉语中学英语

韩佳:快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。

  Learning Chinese is easy and fun.

  大家好,这里是《快乐中国》。

  Hello, welcome to this edition of Happy China.

  我是快乐的韩佳。

  I am the merry Han Jia.

  

大牛:我是快乐的大牛。

  And I am the happy Daniel.

  谁都知道,香港是购物者的天堂。

  We all know that Hong Kong is shoppers' paradise.

  这次到香港来我打算先买几个大箱子,  然后装满东西带回去。 

  While I am in Hong Kong, I'll buy some big boxes for the things I'm going to take home.

  

韩佳:干吗?搬家呀?

  What? Are you moving home?

  

大牛:你想啊。

  Just imagine.

  有送给朋友的香水,送给同学的衣服,  送给亲朋好友的电子产品。

  There will be bottles of perfume for friends,

    clothes for my classmates and electronic products for my close friends.

  哎呀,天晓得要花多少钱啊。

  Oh, God knows how much they'd cost me.

  

韩佳:怎么,心疼钱啦?  Does it make your heart ache to spend money?

  没关系。

  It doesn't matter.

  今天,我带你去油尖旺看看, 那里的东西你肯定喜欢。 

  Today, I'll take you to Yau Tsim Mong, where you'll find all the things you like.

  而且买得起,就是带不走。

  Things affordable, but you can't take home.

  

大牛:还有我大牛喜欢带不走的?

  Things I like, but cannot take home?

  韩佳,带路。

  Han Jia, take me there.

  

韩佳:走吧。

  Let's go.

  油尖旺指的就是油麻地、  尖沙咀和旺角。

  Yau Tsim Mong refers to Yau Ma Tei,  Tsim Sha Tsui and Mong Kok.

  这里是香港最热闹的地方之一。

  It is one of Hong Kong's most bustling places.

  

大牛:我看出来了,人特别多。

  I know what it is like. It's crowded with many people.

  

韩佳:这条是金鱼宠物街。

  This street sells goldfish and pets.

  专门卖各种观赏鱼,和小猫小狗等宠物。

  There are a variety of fancy fishes, pet cats and pet dogs.

  是宠物爱好者的乐园。

  It is a popular place for pet lovers.

  

大牛:我是真喜欢。

  I really like them.

  

韩佳:你看看他,喜欢得两眼都发直了。

  Look at his fixed gaze. He does like them.

  

Tā xǐhuan de liǎng yǎn dōu fā zhí le.

  他 喜欢 得 两 眼 都 发 直 了。

  He likes it so much that he's become transfixed.

  

大牛:韩佳你可真行啊,   明明知道这些宠物我带不走, 还特意把我带到这里来。

  Han Jia, it's unfair that you knew I couldn't take these pets home,

    but you still brought me here.

  你这不是成心的嘛。

  You did it on purpose.

  

韩佳:那就在这里多逛逛嘛,开开眼。

  Then stroll around and see more things here to broaden your vision.

  赏心悦目也是一种享受啊。

  A feast for the eyes is also a kind of enjoyment.

  

大牛:在这里金鱼的品种真是太多了。

  There are indeed a good variety of goldfish.

  应有尽有。

  Any variety you can think of.

  

韩佳:没错儿。

  Sure.

  在这里你就瞪大眼睛看吧。

  Just open your eyes wider and take a closer look.

  什么样的鱼都能看见。

  There are all kinds of fish here.

  一会儿我再带你去另外一条街。

  Later, I'll take you to another street.

  

大牛:哦,那又是卖什么的?

  Oh, what does it sell?

  

韩佳:卖鸟。

  It sells birds.

  

大牛:还是带不走啊。

  Also things I can't take away.

  

韩佳:这里是雀仔街,有70多个摊位呢。

  This is Bird Street. There over 70 stalls here.

  

大牛:这位朋友大家都认识。

  This friend is familiar to most people.

  英文名字叫“Parrot”,中文叫八哥。

  It's called parrot bird in English.   It's called "ba ge" in Chinese.

  会说话。

  It can mimic human speech.

  来,跟观众朋友们打个招呼吧。

  Come on, say hello to our audience.

  Hello. Hello.

  八哥:你好,你好。

  Hello,Hello.

  

大牛:哎,多聪明。

  Eh, what a clever bird.

  它能看出来我是英国人。

  It can tell that I am a British.

  但现在是《快乐中国》说汉语。

  Please say in Chinese for our show

  Happy China.

  八哥:你好。你好。

  Nihao. Nihao.

  

大牛:好像是粤语。

  Sounds like Cantonese.

  不行,请说普通话。

  No, please say in Mandarin.

  八哥:你好。你好。

  Nihao. Nihao.

  

大牛:韩佳,你看我多聪明。

  Han Jia, you see how smart I am.

  我把它训练得都能说普通话了。

  It can speak Mandarin now thanks to may training.

  

Wǒ bǎ tā xùnliàn de dōu néng shuō pǔtōnghuà le.

  我 把 它 训练 得 都 能 说 普通话 了。

  I've trained it so well that it can speak mandarin.

  

韩佳:哪是你训练的呀,

  It does it not because of your training.

  人家本来就会说。

  It was able to speak Mandarin before we came.

  

八哥:比你强。 比你强。

  Better than you. Better than you.

  

大牛:嘿, 这个小家伙。

  Hey, this little thing.

  

韩佳:大牛,你喜欢花吗?

  Daniel, do you like flowers?

  

大牛:当然喜欢了。

  Of course, I do.

  哎,韩佳我看出来了,这里就是你要带我来的  旺角花墟了吧?

  Hey, I know for sure, this is just the place you wanted to take me to.

   The Mong Kok flower market?

  

韩佳:没错儿。

  Exactly.

  这里就是油尖旺区鲜花业的集中地。

  This is the hub of the floral business in the Yau Tsim Mong district.

  不仅出售本地花,  而且还有很多外地的花。

  It sells not only local flowers, but also many varieties from other places.

  

大牛:你看,这个花开得好看。

  Look at these beautiful flowers.

  老板,我要买一束花。

  Please, I'd like a bouquet of flowers.

  钱给你。谢谢啊。

  Here is my money. Thanks.

  

韩佳:你买花干吗啊?

  What did you buy these flowers for?

  

大牛:送给你呀,   感谢你带我到这么好看的地方来。

  For you, to express my thanks for taking me to this beautiful place.

  

韩佳:这么客气。谢谢啊。

  You are so polite. Thanks.

  你看,我拿着这花好看吗?

  Do I look good with these flowers?

  

大牛:不,应该说是你被鲜花映衬得更好看了。

  No, no. You should have said the flowers look more beautiful with you as the background.

  

韩佳:嗬,这大牛。

  Huh, there you go again, Daniel.

  现在是越来越会说话了。

  You are getting "yue lai yue hui shuo hua le"

  (increasingly capable of complimenting people).

  

大牛:我什么时候不会说话了?

  Any time you found I was unable to speak?

  

韩佳:我不是这个意思。

  I didn't mean that.

  如果以后有人说你越来越会说话,

  From now on, if someone says to you: "ni yue lai yue hui shuo hua",

 

 意思是说你说话越来越得体,   让人越来越爱听了。

  he means that you speak increasingly better, making him increasingly pleased.

  

大牛:哦,会说话。会读四声,说读一声,话读四声,

  Oh, I see. "hui shuo hua", fourth tone, first tone, fourth tone,

  就是形容说话得体。

  literally being able to talk, is a phrase  which means being skilled in flattery.

  

会说话。

  "hui shuo hua".

  

韩佳:嗯,解释得不错。

  Yeah, a nice explanation.

  你越来越会说话了。

  You are getting increasingly good at complimenting others.

  

大牛:谢谢,谢谢。

  Thanks.

  

Nǐ xiànzài yuè lái yuè huì shuō huà le.

  你 现在 越 来 越 会 说 话 了。

  You're becoming more and more skilled in the art of flattery.

  你真是把我害苦了。

  You made me feel terrible.

  这么多东西。

  There are so many nice things here,

  

韩佳:都是你要买的你还怨我?

  all that you wanted to buy. And now you blame me?

  

大牛:谁让你带我到这么好看的   花鸟鱼虫市场来呢。

  It's all because you've taken me to this beautiful "hua niao yu chong" market.

  

韩佳:哎,是花鸟鱼宠,

  Wait, it's "hua niao yu chong",

  第三声宠物的宠。

  with "chong" (pet) pronounced in the third tone.

  可不是虫子的虫啊。

  It's not the "chong" as in "chong zi"   (insect).

  

大牛:不好意思。

  I'm sorry.

  

韩佳:可是你这么多东西,  怎么带回北京啊?

  You have bought so many things, how could you take them to Beijing?

  

大牛:带回北京干吗?

  Why take them to Beijing?

  这些礼物我要送给我们香港的朋友们,   感谢他们这几天对我们的照顾。

  I want to give them as gifts to my friends in Hong Kong

    to show our thanks for the care they gave us in the past few days.

  

韩佳:嗯,想得周到。

  Yes, it's very considerate of you to do so.

  我们在香港朋友还真不少。

  Indeed, we have many friends here in Hong Kong.

  这可是学好了中国话,朋友遍天下呀。

  It's true that having learned Chinese, you'll have friends everywhere.

  

大牛:可不。走。

  Right. Let's go.

  

赏心悦目:

  油尖旺是香港最热闹的地方之一

  Yau Tsim Mong is one of HK's busiest districts.

  雀仔街出售各式鸟雀 鸟笼和鸟食

  Bird Street sells birds and bird cages and feeds.

  种类繁多 一应俱全

  All varieties are available here.

  花墟是香港惟一的鲜花集散地

  The Flower Market is HK's only distributor of fresh flowers.

  繁花似锦 争奇斗艳

  The luxuriant flowers are vying for beauty.

  金鱼乃水中的精灵

  Regarded as the soul of water,

  悠游自得 色彩斑澜

  these colorful goldfish are swimming at ease.

  在这里尽享花鸟鱼虫的闲情逸致

  Relaxing in these flowers, birds and fish is joy and fun

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有