加载中…
个人资料
幸福路
幸福路
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:4,801
  • 关注人气:3
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

Film:The Devil Wears Prada(四)

(2007-03-25 09:56:58)
分类: 英文

-Hey. -Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca. -嘿 -嘿,我去了狄恩德鲁卡超市(Dean&Deluca 纽约顶级贵价超市)

Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there. 天!那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗

But I figure since you quit your job we should celebrate. 可我想既然你辞职了我们应该庆祝一下

Well, that's big of you. 你可真伟大啊

it doesn't make sense throwing away all those months of hard work. 都辛苦了好几个月,就这么放弃实在是不应该

Yeah, well, either that, or your job sucks and your boss is a wacko. 是,是,要不然就是因为你喜欢糟糕的工作和变态的老板

Is this number two look? 这是第二款造型吗?

The piece is called "urban jungle, '"right? 这是拍那组“都市丛林”,对吧?

Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city. 是,现代女性通过释放内在的野性来征服城市

[Growls] 咆哮声

Sometimes I can't believe I talk about this crap all day. 我每天都在说些不知所云的废话

And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha. 告诉她我让罗沙改拍迪奥了

Oh, great. Can't wait. 噢,真好,迫不及待哈

Can we adjust the attitude? 态度能不能好点?

Don't make me feed you to one of the models. 别跟那些模特一个德性

My personal life is hanging by a thread, that's all. 我的个人生活岌岌可危,所以…

Join the club. That's what happens when you start doing well at work, darling. Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. That means it's time for a promotion. 彼此彼此,亲爱的,这说明你的工作开始步入正轨了。等你的个人生活化为乌有的时候,记得通知我一声,那说明你要被提拔了

No. All right, February, back of the issue. 不行,好了,言归正传,二月号

Yes, but she'd rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming out. 有的,但她更想做夏季刊的封面来配合她新拍的电影

I'm pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women图比做的那篇关于最高法院里的女性不能上

And I need to see a new draft on that piece about shopping for a plastic surgeon… It's dull. 还有那篇关于选购整形手术医生的文章要重写,太平淡了(选购整形手术医生???)

And this layout for the winter wonderland spread. 还有这个“冬季奇境”折页的版面

What about Testino? Where are we on that? 泰斯蒂诺怎么样?(摄影师)进度如何了?

Zac Posers doing some very sculptural suits. 扎克的追随者设计了一些雕塑感很强的衣服

So I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden. 所以我建议让泰斯蒂诺在野口勇博物馆拍这组片

What about accessories for April? 四月的首饰版面呢?

One thought I had was enamel. Um, bangles, pendants, earrings. 我觉得可以考虑做一辑配饰,像手镯、吊坠、耳环之类

they're showing a lot of florals right now现在印花图案比较流行

Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. 印花?春季拍印花?真有创意

We thought the contrast between the femininity of the florals and the more raw, rough-hewn background would create this wonderful tension between…通过印花图案的柔弱,与硬朗、粗糙环境的对比可以促使一种特殊的张力在…

Antibacterial wipes perhaps? 或者是消毒纸巾?

-How's the cold doing? -Like death warmed up actually. -感冒怎么样了? -死去活来

[Sniffles]

It's the benefit tonight.今晚是慈善晚会

I refuse to be sick. I'm wearing Valentino, for crying out loud. 我不能生病,我要穿华伦天奴,气死我了

Right. Well, everybody will be leaving soon to get ready so I suggest you go and drop Miranda's Fendi bag off at the showroom and then I suppose you can just go home. 对,过会所有人都该去做准备了,我建议你去把马琳达的芬迪包拿到陈列室,然后就没你什么事了

I need to get to Magnolia Bakery before it closes.我得赶紧去木兰面包房

Yeah, I'm hearing this, and I wanna hear this. 是,真是罗嗦,还不闭嘴走人

Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure that you're both fully prepped on the guest list. 在今晚的慈善晚会开始前,我要求你们两个都背好来宾名单

Only when the first assistant hasn't decided to become an incubus of viral plague. 前提是第一助理没有变成一个可怕的病原体

I have to learn all these by tonight? 我今晚上就要把这一大本都记下来?

No, don't be silly, Andrea. These too. 不,别傻了,安吉丽雅,两大本

Look, you better just start without me, okay? I'll get there as soon as I can. 你们还是先开始吧,别等我了,我会尽早赶回去

I'll call you the second I'm leaving, okay? 我走时给你电话,好吗?

A little Crisco and some fishing line, and we're in business. 弄点润滑油和鱼线,一定能把你塞进去

[Sarcastic Chuckle] 讽刺的笑声

And then when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. 当我觉得快要晕倒的时候,我就吃一块奶酪

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight. 我的胃口才造成体重有增无减

That's John Folger, the new artistic director of the Chelsea Rep. 那是约翰·福尔杰,切尔西(伦敦自治城市,为文艺界人士聚居地)剧团的新任艺术总监

Stop fidgeting. 别乱晃

Just deal with it. You have to be here. 别想了,你必须在这里待着

Miranda, fabulous event as always. 马琳达,真是一如既往的盛会啊

[Sniffles] 鼻子哼哼的做声, 抽鼻涕

You look fabulous. 你真是容光焕发

You're a vision. 你真是个梦幻仙子

[Stammers口吃, Chuckles] You know, I figured out a few things on my own too. Turns out, I'm not as nice as you thought.这个,我自己也认真的反省了一下,结果发现,我没你想的那么好

Well, if it werert for the stupid boyfriend,I'd have to whisk you away right here and now. 如果不是因为你已经名花有主,我现在就会把你劫走的

But what I did read wasrt half bad. 但就我看过的来说还算好

I kept trying to leave, but there was a lot going on. 我一直试着想离开,但事情实在是太多了

You coming to bed anytime soon? 你什么时候睡啊?

It's just Miranda wanted some scarves from Hermes. 马琳达让我去爱马仕拿丝巾

I forgot like an idiot. And so I freaked out, of course.可我糊里糊涂给忘了,所以我现在要疯了

I swear to God…我发誓…

[Gasps]喘气,气吁吁地说 [Clamoring]喧闹

I don't care if she was gonna fire you or beat you with a red-hot poker! 我不管她是威胁要炒你鱿鱼,还是拿鞭子抽你!

That is a pathetic excuse. 这算什么破借口?

Do you know what really just gets me about this whole thing?你知道整件事里什么最让我生气吗?

What a pile of bollocks! 全都是胡说八道!

you don't deserve them.. You eat carbs, for Christ's sake. 你根本不该拥有它们。你什么都吃,看在上帝的份上

You are going to Paris for the couture shows? 你要去巴黎看时装秀?

This show is amazing. 这个展览太了不起了

Okay, start with the photos in the back and work your way forward. 从后面的那些照片开始看,慢慢往前浏览

I'm staying in a fantastic little hotel in the Seventh right across the street from the falafel restaurant that will change your life.我会住在第七街,一个舒适的小旅馆里,旅馆对面有家餐厅,那里的三明治能改变你的生活

Look, you're making a big deal out of…听着,你有点小题大做…

You know, the Andy I know is madly in love with Nate…is always five minutes early…and thinks, I don't know, Club Monaco is couture. For the last 16 years, I've known everything about that Andy.But this person? This "glamazon" who skulks around in corners…with some random hot fashion guy?I don't get her.知道吗,我认识的安迪是一个疯狂爱着内特…约会从不迟到只在,我不知道,微风连锁店买休闲服的女孩过去的16年里,我知道关于安迪的点点滴滴可这个人,这个跟随便钩上的某个时髦帅哥偷偷摸摸的美女?我不认识她

Now you're gonna give me a hard time too? 现在你也要来给我难堪吗?

what the hell is wrong with you?你究竟是怎么回事了?

Like this job was forced on you. 说得好像是别人逼你干这份工似的

Oh, come on. What am I, four? 拜托,你当我是四岁小孩吗?

Andy, I make port wine reductions all day. I'm not exactly in the Peace Corps. You know, I wouldn't care if you were out there pole dancing all night as long as you did it with a little integrity.安迪,我每天在餐馆里忙忙碌碌。我也不是什么美国和平队[一个美国志愿服务组织]。你知道,我不会介意,哪怕你在外面跳舞跳通宵,只要你的心依然清澈诚实

Just own up to it.你就承认吧

-You don't mean that, do you? -No, I do. -你不是说真的,对吧? -不,是真的

in case you were wondering the person whose calls you always take, that's the relationship you're in.也许你会觉得奇怪,但能让你随时接电话的人,才是你真正在乎的人

Miranda. Nigel. Fashiors great gatekeepers. 马琳达,奈杰尔,时尚潮流的掌门人

what is Runway's position on French fashion versus American fashion? 当法国时尚遭遇美国时尚,天桥的态度是如何?

We need to go over the seating, uh, chart for the luncheon. 我们得把明天午宴的座位安排再过一遍,座位表

By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me. 你应该知道你这种慢慢吞吞的样子总让我抓狂

So I don't need to fetch Stephen from the airport tomorrow? 接来

You're very fetching, so go fetch. 你这么美丽动人,多动动也好(去接他)

we need to contact, um , Leslie to see what she can do to minimize the press on all this. 联系一下蕾丝丽,看她能不能想办法把这件事的影响减到最小

Another divorce splashed across page six. 再离婚一次,又会是八卦头条

The Dragon Lady, career-obsessed.. Snow Queen drives away another Mr. Priestly. Rupert Murdoch should cut me a check for all the papers I sell for him. 女权至上的霸道女人,工作第一的冰山皇后把另一个皮斯利先生扫地出门。默克多得好好谢我(报业大亨),帮他卖了那么多报纸

another letdown又一次的沮丧

The point is we really need to figure out where to place Donatella,because she's barely speaking to anyone. 重要的是我们把唐娜泰拉安排在哪里(范思哲设计总监,詹尼·范思哲之妹),因为她不怎么和人说话

I need Miranda's itinerary for tomorrow. 我要看一下马琳达明天的行程

-Who put that together for you? 谁给配的那身衣服?

Oh, it's just… it's just something I threw on.. 噢,这… 我随便乱套的

It's really just gorgeous. 这身实在是美极了

What are we toasting? 我们庆祝什么?

Bags, shoes, fragrances… the works.箱包、鞋子、香水等作品

she put me up for it. 是她推荐我的

This is the first time in 18 years I'm going to be able to call the shots in my own life. 十八年来我终于可以第一次决定自己的生活了

You bet your size-six ass. [Guffaws] 赌你6号的屁股我也值得。哄笑, 狂笑,大笑着说

[Glasses Clink]

She's a notorious sadist and not in a good way. 她是个名声在外的虐待狂,这不是什么好名声

Okay, she's tough, but if Miranda were a man, no one would notice anything about her, except how great she is at her job. 好吧,她很严厉,但如果马琳达是个男人,人们就会专注于她出色的工作,也就不会有这么多的是非

The wide-eyed girl peddling her earnest newspaper stories ? You, my friend, are crossing over to the dark side.这还是那个瞪着无辜的大眼睛,狂热追求记者梦的女孩吗?我的朋友,你在堕落

I resent that. 我讨厌那样子

I know this city like the back of my hand. 我对这个城市了如指掌

Do you just write stuff like that down and then file it away to use on us girls? 你是不是平时尽写些那样的句子,然后分类收藏以备泡妞之需?

I work freelance. I have a lot of free time on my hands. 我是个自由作家,手头有大把的空闲时间

Nate and I just split up a couple days ago内特和我几天前才分开

And my hearing… vision… judgment's impaired. 我的听觉… 视觉… 判断力都削弱了

I am out of excuses. 我想不出来借口了

It's a mock-up. 这是个样板

And she's bringing me in to run all the editorial content. 她还会让我负责全部文字内容编辑

She has a fresher take on things. 看待事物会有一个更新的视角

Miranda will be devastated. 这会彻底毁了马琳达的

Do I smell freesias? 我怎么闻到苍兰的味道了?

It has been a beacon of elegance and grace. Miranda Priestly is the finest possible guardian of that beacon setting a standard that inspires people across the globe. 它更是指引优雅与格调的明灯。马琳达·皮斯里无疑是这盏时尚明灯最佳守护者,她所创立的时尚标准,激励着全球的时尚人士

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Miranda Priestly. 容我请出

But before I talk to you about James and his many accomplishments…但在我为大家介绍詹姆斯和他取得的成就之前…

recently Massimo Corteleoni has agreed to finance the expansion of the James Holt label transforming the work of this visionary artist into a global brand, which is really an exciting enterprise. 最近马西莫·科特利让内决定为詹姆斯·浩特这个品牌注资,将这位富于创造灵感的艺术家的作品转变成一个全球品牌,一个振奋人心的产业

Runway and James Holt share many things in common, chief among them, a commitment to excellence. 天桥与詹姆斯·浩特有着许多的共同之处,最重要的是,都拥有对达到完美卓越的渴望

he chose from within the Runway family. 他选择的是天桥中的一员

it's my great happiness today to announce to you all that that person is my friend and longtime esteemed colleague Jacqueline Follet. 备受尊敬的同事

When the time is right, she'll pay me back.

And that James Holt job was so absurdly overpaid that, of course, she jumped at it. 而那个詹姆斯·浩特主管位子绝对是超过了她的期望,理所当然,她高兴得不行

Any of the other choices would have found that job impossible and the magazine would have suffered. 任何其他人选都无法胜任这项工作,杂志社自身也会受影响

The list of designers, photographers, editors, writers, models, all of whom were found by me, nurtured by me and have promised me they will follow me whenever and if ever I choose to leave Runway. 拿出来一张设计师、摄影师、编辑、作家、模特等等,所有经我发掘、培养…并答应即使我离开天桥也会和我共同进退的人的名单

But I was very, very impressed by how intently you tried to warn me. 但是,当你想方设法的试图警告我时,我还是非常,非常的感动

I see a great deal of myself in you. 在你身上看到很多与我相似的地方

[Woman Vocalizing]

What's up? 怎么了?

I turned my back on my friends and my family抛弃

I interviewed at the Oak Room. 去橡树餐厅面试了

you're looking at their new sous-chef. 新任大厨

I don't know what I'm gonna do without those late-night grilled cheeses, but I'm pretty sure they have bread in Boston. 我不知道没有那些深夜香烤干酪该怎么过,不过我相信波士顿一定有面包卖的

These clips are excellent. 这些东西写得很好

You were there for less than a year. What the hell kind of a blip is that? 为什么待那么短的时间就走呢?

In the end though, I kind of screwed it up. 但后来,我搞砸了一些事情

I called over there for a reference, left word with some snooty girl. 我打电话过去问关于你的推荐,给一个傲慢的女孩留了话

It's a huge imposition. And I'll have to get them taken in. I mean, they'll drown me. 这真有点强人所难。我还得把衣服拿去改小,你那些大号衣服能淹死我

You have some very large shoes to fill. 你有的学了???

I don't understand why it is so challenging to get my car when I ask for it. 我真是不明白,不过是叫人把车开过来,有那么难吗?

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
前一篇:习语笔记(1)
后一篇:习语笔记(2)
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

    < 前一篇习语笔记(1)
    后一篇 >习语笔记(2)
      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有