加载中…
个人资料
天河清
天河清
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:90,454
  • 关注人气:43
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

洪恩环境英语高级篇 第一册 第11课

(2009-11-27 23:04:15)
标签:

洪恩环境英语

对话

英语

教育

课文

分类: 洪恩环境英语高级篇

LESSON 11  WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHILE I WAS LOOKING FOR THE LOVE OF MY LIFE?
          我在寻找生命中的爱,你在做什么?

 

 


SCENE ONE: THE PARK

 

RITA: Isn’t this a beautiful place, Terry?
丽塔:这儿真是个很美的地方,是吧,特瑞?

TERRY: It’s wonderful.
特瑞:这儿太美了。

RITA: What were you doing while I was looking for the love of my life?
丽塔:我在寻找生命中的爱时,你在做什么?

TERRY: I was looking for you, of cource.
特瑞:当然我在寻找你。

RITA: When I was ten, I wanted to marry a handsome Englishman.
丽塔:当我十岁时,我想嫁给一个英俊的英国人。

TERRY: And how about now?
特瑞:那现在呢?

RITA: Now I love a handsome American. But I still don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.
丽塔:现在我爱一个英俊的美国人。但是我还不知道我该怎样生活。

TERRY: I remember when I had to figure that our for myself.

       It wasn’t easy.
特瑞:我还记得我必须搞清楚自己该如何生活的那个时候。 那并不容易。

RITA: When I was younger. I was always sure what I wanted tobe.

      Now I’m not so sure.
丽塔:当我年轻时,我总是很确定我希望成为什么样的。现在我不太确定了。

TERRY: But isn’t it fun trying out new directions?
特瑞:但是,试一试新的生活方式不是很有意思吗

RITA: Yes. Sometimes it’s fun, except for yesterday. I felt awful when my tape was on the air. But let’s not talk about it. Let’s talk about that handsome Englishman I wanted to marry.
丽塔:是的,有时是很有趣,除了昨天。当我的带子播出时,我觉得糟透了。但是我们还是别谈它了。让我们谈谈那个我想嫁的英俊的英国人吧。

TERRY: Well, here’s your handsome Englishman.

       How do you do? My name is Jim Morgan.
特瑞:哦,你的英俊的英国人来了。你好,我是詹姆斯.摩根。

RITA: Jim? You mean James, don’t you? He hates to be called Jim.
丽塔:詹姆斯?你是说詹姆斯,是吗?他不喜欢别人叫他詹姆斯。

TERRY: Hello. My name is James Morgan.

       It’s a beautiful day for a walk, don’t you think?
特瑞:你好,我叫詹姆斯.摩根。这真是个散步的好天气,你不这么想吗?

RITA: It’s a very nice day for a walk.

      Mr Morgan, you look a great deal like Terry Smithers.
丽塔:这的确是个散步的好天气。摩根先生,你看上去很像特瑞.斯密瑟思。

TERRY: Smithers. Good English surname, but I’m not sure about the forename.Terry, No,I don’t like that.
特瑞:斯密瑟思。很不错的英国姓,但是我不知道特瑞这个名字怎么样。特瑞,不,我不喜欢。
RITA: Your accent is very strong. Mr. Morgan.
丽塔:摩根先生,你的口音很重。

TERRY: Yes, my grandfather was a barrister in London.
特瑞:是的,我的祖父是伦敦的大律师。

RITA: Yes, well, I bet you wish you were still in London.
丽塔:是呀,哦,我打赌你一定希望你还在伦敦。

TERRY: Not at all.

       Then I never would have met you, even though you talk funny.
特瑞:一点儿也不。那样尽管你言谈风趣,我也永远碰不到你了。

RITA;You love the differences in our languages, don’t you , Mr.Morgan?
丽塔:你对我们语言的区别很有兴趣,不是吗,摩根先生?

TERRY: It’s an absolutely fascinating  subject. I use it in my news shows whenever I can. Did you know that in Britain you get on a train at a “railway station,” and a one-way ticket is called a “single”?
特瑞:这绝对是一个吸引人的主题。不管什么时候,只要我能够我就把它用在我用在我的新闻报道中。你知道吗,在英国你在“railway station” (火车站)上火车,还有one-way ticket(单程车票)被称作“single”?

RITA: Yes. We’ve heard all your broadcasts, James.
丽塔:是的,我听过你所有的报道,詹姆斯。

TERRY: Yes, well. Have you got the time?
特瑞:是的,好呀。你有时间吗?

RITA: Yes,I’ve got the time. It’s 1:30.
丽塔:是的,我还有时间。现在时1:30.

TERRY: Enough of this. Come on., We’ve got to get back to the station. Chris wants to interview me.
特瑞:足够了,走吧。我们得回电视台了。克丽丝想采访我。

RITA: Be nice. She’s a nice girl.
丽塔:对她好一点儿。她是个好女孩。

TERRY: Yes, but I wonder sometimes.
特瑞:是的,但是有时我怀疑。

RITA; What are you saying?
丽塔:你在说什么?

TERRY: I’m not sure. But wasn’t she working alone in the editing room a lot last week?
特瑞:我不确定。但是上周她不是在编辑室单独工作了很久吗?

RITA: What does that mean?
丽塔:你那是什么意思?

TERRY: Well, nothing. Except that the problems all seem to happen in the control room or the editing room. It’s got to be someone with lots of extra time.
特瑞:哦,没什么。只是所有的问题都好像发生在调控室或是编辑室。那人肯定是个有很多空闲时间的人。

RITA;Like Chris?
丽塔:像克丽丝?

TERRY: Well,yes.
特瑞:恩,是的。

RITA: Or you.
丽塔:或者是你。

TERRY :Hey.
特瑞:嗨。

RITA: I’m just kidding, Terry. Let's go.
丽塔:我只是在开玩笑,特瑞。咱们走吧。

JAMES MORGAN; You’ll need to post a small parcel in the letter box. Have you got any change? You’ll need it for stamps.
詹姆斯.摩根:你需要把小包裹放在信箱里。你有零钱吗?你需要用它买邮票。

CHRIS:James Morgan! I know how to mail package in a mailbox.

       How did you get on my shelf?
克丽丝:詹姆斯.摩根!我知道着怎么把包裹投到邮箱里去寄。你怎么到我书架上来了?

JAMES MORGAN: Have you got any pets. Please don’t bring them.
詹姆斯.摩根:你有宠物吗?别把它们带来。

CHRIS;I haven’t got any pets.

       And I’m not going on holiday because I haven't got any money.

       I haven't got any time either.
克丽丝:我没有任何宠物。

       而且我也不准备休假,因为我没有钱。

       我也没有时间。

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有