加载中…
个人资料
天河清
天河清
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:90,319
  • 关注人气:43
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

洪恩环境英语高级篇 第一册 第10课

(2009-11-27 22:59:26)
标签:

洪恩环境英语

对话

英语

教育

课文

分类: 洪恩环境英语高级篇


LESSON 10  RAYMOND MODINE WILL BE ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS TOMORROW
           雷蒙德.摩丁明天将问很多问题


SCENE ONE: THE OFFICE
   第一幕:办公室

 

STEVEN: Look it over and tell me what you think.
史蒂文:仔细看一下, 然后告诉我你的想法。

 

JAKE:  We’re losing viewers.
杰克: 我们在失去观众。

 

STEVEN: Our owner,Peter Case, will be broke in a month, Jake.
史蒂文:我们的老板彼得.凯斯在一个月之内就会破产,杰克。

 

JAKE: Is the situation that bad?
杰克:情况这么糟糕吗?

 

STEVEN: It’s that bad. Peter Case will have to sell the station.
史蒂文:是很糟糕。彼得.凯斯不得不卖掉电视台。

 

JAKE: There must be plenty of people out there who want to buy WEFL.
杰克:一定有很多人正想买WEFL。

 

STEVEN: First of all, if someone else buys it, there’s no guarantee that you and I will still have jobs. And second-no one is going to buy it, Jake… not at the price he’s asking . Especially if they find out that we’re having technical difficulties.
史蒂文:首先,如果别人买它,就没法保证你和我能继续在这儿工作。其次没人打算买它,杰克……没人肯出他要的价。特别是如果他们发现我们有技术难题。

 

JAKE: Technical difficulties! These aren’t technical difficulties. Someone is deliberately trying to hurt us.
杰克:技术难题!这些不是技术难题。有人故意搞破坏。

 

STEVEN: I think so too, Jake. I’ve called up a detective. His name is Raymond Modine and he’ll be coming in tomorrow. My secretary will be handing out a letter to everyone at the station, explaining the situation.
史蒂文:我也这样想,杰克。我已经打电话找侦探了。 他的名字是雷德蒙.摩丁,他明天就来,我的秘书将给电视台的每个人发一封信,讲明情况。


JAKE: Is that a good idea?
杰克:那是个好主意吗?

 

STEVEN: Raymond Modine will be asking a lot of questions tomorrow. You’ll be here, won’t you?
史蒂文:雷蒙德.摩丁明天将问很多问题,你明天回来,是吗?

 

JAKE: I’ll be working at the Nature Center in the morning.
杰克: 我明天上午会在“自然中心”采访。

 

STEVEN: The Nature Center. That’s a pretty big story. I hope we’ll be able to run it.
史蒂文:自然中心。那可是个相当热门的题材。我希望我们能搞定它。

 

JAKE: Why shouldn’t we?
杰克:我们为什么不能?

 

STEVEN: Well, nothing else that we want to get on the air seems to get there. Detective Modine can see you in the afternoon. Please find some time for him.
史蒂文:恩,除了这个,我们想播出的节目好像都没能顺利播出。摩丁侦探明天下午可以会见你。请给他留点儿时间。

 

JAKE: I don’t know if I ‘ll be back in time.
杰克:我不知道我事后能及时赶回来。

 

STEVEN: He’ll be talking to everyone who works here. I expect you to cooperate.
史蒂文:他会和我在这儿工作的每个人谈谈。我希望你能合作。

 

JAKE: OK. But I want this solved, Steven. When I decided tostay at WEFL, I thought I was working for a solid station. Now I feel like looking for another job.
杰克:好的。但是我希望这个问题能够解决,史蒂文。当我决定在WEFL工作时,我原以为我在为一个稳定的电视台工作。现在我想另找一份工作。

 

STEVEN: That’s your decision. I’m going to do everything I can to stay here. But let me know whtat you’re going to do.
史蒂文:那是你的决定。我会尽我一切力量留在这儿的。但是你要告诉我你的打算。

 

JAKE: You’ll be the first to know.
杰克:你将是第一个知道我打算的人。

 

SCENE TWO: OUTSIDE THE STUDIO
   第二幕:演播室外

 

CHRIS: Tonight I’ll be interviewing Terry. You know, he could be the one who’s doing all this. He’s an editor. He knows the equipment. And then I’ll be planning my interviews with Steven and Peter Case.
克丽丝:今晚我准备采访特瑞。你知道,所有的可能都是他干的。他是个编辑。他懂设备。然后我计划采访史蒂文和彼得.凯斯。

 

JAKE: Will you be working late?
杰克: 你会工作到很晚吗?

 

CHRIS: I’ll be working as late as I have to.

       And I’ll be waiting for you.
克丽丝:要多玩就得多晚。而且我会等你的。

 

JAKE: Why?
杰克:为什么?

 

CHRIS: Won’t you be staying late tonight?
克丽丝:难道今晚你不会呆到很晚吗?

 

JAKE: No. I don’t think so.
杰克:不是的,我想不会。

 

CHRIS: But I’ll have a lot of interviews for you to see. Will you be coming in early tomorrow?
克丽丝:但是我有很多采访让你看。你明天早晨会来得早吗?

 

JAKE: I probably won’t be coming in at all tomorrow.
杰克:我明天很可能根本不会来。

 

CHRIS: Won’t Detective Modine be looking for you?
克丽丝:摩丁侦探不是要找你吗?

 

JAKE: He might, but I’ll be interviewing someone at the Nature Center.
杰克:他也许要找我,但是我要在“自然中心”做采访。

 

CHRIS: Jake, I want you to look at the interviews.
克丽丝:杰克,我想让你看看这些采访。

 

JAKE: I asked you for some research on the history of the Nature Center? Where is it?
杰克: 我不是让你做一些有关“自然中心”历史的调查吗?在哪儿?

 

CHRIS: I’ll have it for you tomorrow.
克丽丝:我明天给你。

 

JAKE: Chris, I need the research. If you can’t do it, I’ll do it myself.
杰克:克丽丝,我需要那份调查。如果你不能做,我就自己来。

 

CHRIS: Thanks. I thought you were my friend. I thought you were the great journalist, the great teacher.
克丽丝:谢谢。我原以为你是我的朋友。我原以为你是一个优秀的新闻工作者,一个好老师。

 

JAKE: Yeah, well, the great journalist is going to be busy. And you’ll be busy doing reseach on the history of the Nature Center.
杰克:是的,好了。优秀的记者要去忙了。而你该去忙有关”自然中心”历史的调查了。

 

CHRIS: You’ll have your research, Mr. Seltzer.
克丽丝:你会得到你的调查的,萨尔茨先生。

 

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有