加载中…
个人资料
水天一色
水天一色
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:96,082
  • 关注人气:36
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

中级篇2  Lesson  Four

(2009-04-05 00:58:41)
标签:

洪恩环境英语

对话

教育

英语

课文

分类: 洪恩环境英语初中级篇

 

LESSON 4  THERE WAS A LOT OF TRAFFIC IN HOLLYWOOD.
          好莱坞的交通太拥挤了

 

SCENE ONE: OUTSIDE THE WEFL STUDIO

第一幕:   WEFL 演播室外


JEFF:  Sorry I'm late, Steven. There was a lot of traffic.
杰夫: 对不起, 我迟到了, 史蒂文。交通太拥挤了。
STEVEN: No problem.
史蒂文: 没事儿。
JEFF:  When I was a kid here, there wasn't any traffic at all.
杰夫: 我小的时候, 这儿根本就没有什么交通阻塞的问题。
STEVEN: There was no traffic, and there was no pollution.
史蒂文: 那时这儿没什么车, 也没有污染。
JEFF:  There was no excitement either. That's why I left.
杰夫: 也没什么令人兴奋的事情。这就是我离开的原因。
STEVEN: Why?
史蒂文: 为什么?
JEFF:  For the money, the excitement, the glamour of Hollywood. . .
杰夫: 为了钱, 为了找令人兴奋的事情, 为了好莱坞的魅力...

STEVEN: Why did you come back?
史蒂文: 你为什么回来了?
JEFF:  There was a lot of traffic in Hollywood.

       There was a lot of pollution and there wasn't any work.
杰夫: 好莱坞的交通太拥挤了, 污染太重了, 而且也没有什么工作机会。
STEVEN: There was no work in Hollywood? You're kidding.
史蒂文: 好莱坞没有工作机会? 你在开玩笑吧。
JEFF:  Well, I did all right there, but I didn't make a big.
杰夫: 呃, 我在那儿干得还可以, 但我没有成名。
STEVEN: So here you are back in Stamford.
史蒂文: 所以你回到了斯坦福德。
JEFF:  Yes. And there isn't anyone more surprised than I am.
杰夫: 是的。而且没有人比我对此更感到惊讶了。
STEVEN: I get the feeling that there isn't anyone or anything special

        in Stamford either.
史蒂文: 我觉得斯坦福德也没什么特别的人和事。
JEFF:  What do you mean?
杰夫: 什么意思?
STEVEN: I mean, you don't think the show is special.
史蒂文: 我的意思是说, 你认为这部戏不怎么特别。
JEFF:  What are you trying to say, Steven?
杰夫: 史蒂文, 你想说什么?
STEVEN: We're behind schedule and I need your help.
史蒂文: 我们的进度没跟上, 我需要你的帮助。
JEFF:  How can I help?
杰夫: 怎么帮?
STEVEN: Jeff, you are the most important person on the set right now.

        If you try harder, we can go faster.
史蒂文: 杰夫, 目前你是剧组里最重要的人物。如果你努把力, 我们就能进行得快点儿了。
JEFF:  OK. But let me act. Don't tell me exactly how to say my lines.
杰夫: 行, 但是得让我演。别只是告诉我该怎么说我的台词。
STEVEN: OK, that's fair. But I hope you can make this show special.

        And I need to move faster.
史蒂文: 好的, 就这么定了。但我希望你能使这部戏不同凡响。我还想进度快点儿。
JEFF:  OK, Steven. I'll do the best I can.
杰夫: 好的, 史蒂文。我会尽力的。
STEVEN: Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate it.

        Now, can you tell me more about Hollywood?
史蒂文: 谢谢, 杰夫, 我很感谢。现在, 你可以给我再讲讲好莱坞的事吗?

 
SCENE TWO: DOWNTOWN STAMFORD
第二幕:   斯坦福德市中心


JEFF: Hi.
杰夫: 嗨!
AMY:  Oh, hi. What are you doing here?
艾米: 噢, 嗨。你在这儿干什么?
JEFF: What are you doing here?
杰夫: 你在这儿干什么?
AMY:  I'm buying a flashlight. Last night there wasn't any electricity

      in my building.
艾米: 我买个手电筒。昨晚我们楼里没电。
JEFF: You're kidding.
杰夫: 开玩笑吧。
AMY:  No, I'm not. There wasn't any water either.
艾米: 不, 我没开玩笑。还停水了呢。
JEFF: Why? What happened?
杰夫: 为什么? 发生什么事了?
AMY:  There's some construction next door.

      They cut our wires by mistake and then broke the water pipe.
艾米: 旁边有人搞基建。他们不小心切断了我们的电缆, 后来又弄裂了水管。
JEFF: Well, I knew you didn't have any telephone service.
杰夫: 嗯, 我还知道你的电话也断了。
AMY:  How did you know that?
艾米: 你怎么知道的?
JEFF: I tried to call you.
杰夫: 我给你打过电话。
AMY:  Really? Are you telling the truth, Jeff Bennett?
艾米: 真的吗? 你说的是真的吗, 杰夫• 班纳特?
JEFF: It's true, it's true!
杰夫: 真的, 是真的!
AMY: Somehow I believe you.
艾米: 我有点儿相信你了。
JEFF: Anyway, if there wasn't any electricity and there wasn't any water,

      you need more than a flashlight.
杰夫: 不管怎么说, 如果你没电没水的话, 你需要的不仅仅是手电筒。
AMY: What do I need?
艾米: 我还需要什么?
JEFF: You need a new apartment.
杰夫: 你需要一个新公寓。
AMY: That's true. But a flashlight is a lot cheaper.
艾米: 这可是真的。不过, 还是手电筒要便宜得多。
JEFF: I have a better idea.
杰夫: 我有个更好的主意。
AMY:  I'm listening.
艾米: 我在听着呢!
JEFF: How about a great meal with an actor?
杰夫: 跟一个演员共进一顿美餐怎么样?
AMY:  I don't know. I don't usually go out with actors.
艾米: 不知道。我通常不跟演员一块出去的。
JEFF: Well. . . I know a great restaurant right in town.
杰夫: 呃⋯⋯ 我知道城里有家挺棒的餐馆。
AMY:  What time's dinner?
艾米: 晚饭是什么时候?
JEFF: Pick you up at eight?
杰夫: 八点来接你怎么样?
AMY:  Great. Bye, Jeff.
艾米: 很好。再见, 杰夫。
JEFF: Eight o'clock!
杰夫: 八点见。

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有