加载中…
个人资料
随风漂流
随风漂流
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:80,439
  • 关注人气:81
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

you know you're chinese when...

(2007-03-23 16:01:26)
 虽然刚开始看,觉得某些人很picky,又想弄什么种族歧视了.不是对以下的所有都赞同,大家看了有何感想呢?(p.s.太长,等明天空了再加上中文)
Copied from somewhere :
You know you're Chinese when...
当你符合以下的选项,就可以知道你是中国人:
You unwrap Christmas gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping (and especially those bows) next year.
你会把圣诞节礼物的包装纸(特别是礼物上的礼花)很小心的拆/拿开,因为那样你可以保留下来明年再继续使用.
You only buy Christmas cards after Christmas, when they are 50% off.
你只在圣诞节后买圣诞卡,因为那时都是半价.
When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
当卫生纸在减价的时候,你会一下买100卷,然后放在柜子里或是你已经搬出去的小孩的房间里.
You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table.
在你的餐桌上盖着塑料的桌布
Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.
你炉子的炉盘上总包着铝合金的锡纸
You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
你把洗碗机当作是放碗的架子(另外的意思是你很少使用它)
You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
你家里总有随时可饮用保温的热水壶
You eat all meals in the kitchen.
你在厨房里吃三餐
You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers.
你收集购物塑料袋,锡薄,锡罐,
You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
你用购物的塑料袋装垃圾
You always leave your shoes at the door.
你总是把鞋子脱下放在门口
You have a piano in your living room.
在客厅里你摆着台钢琴
You twirl your pen around your fingers.
你用手指旋转你的钢笔
Even if you're totally full, if someone says they're going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you'll finish them.
即使你已经吃得很饱了,当有人说要把桌上剩下的全丢到垃圾桶去,你会把它们全吃完.
You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.
你没有真正的储藏食物的盒子---只有一个小食品柜子,里面有很多用过但已经清洗干净的瓶瓶罐罐.
You also use the jam jars as drinking glasses.
你也把曾经是装果酱洗干净的罐子当作饮水杯
You bring oranges (or other produce) with you as a gift when you visit people's homes.
当你去探访朋友的时候你把桔子或其他水果当做礼物带上送给他们.
You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
你家里的浴室里放满了从各个你住过酒店里拿回家的小瓶洗发露.
The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's.
你冰箱里的调味品多是大包装,或者是每次你去卖当劳留下或偷带回家的塑料袋小包装
You never order room service.
你从来不叫客房服务
You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel (and travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes). These travel snacks are always dried. As in not just dried plums, dried ginger, and beef/pork jerky, but dried cuttlefish (SQUID).
你带一大堆零食当你出去旅游的时候(此处的旅游指的是长于开车15分钟的路程). 这些旅游的零食大多都是干的.要么化梅干,要么姜片,牛肉干,猪肉干,或者就是鱿鱼干
Your dad thinks he can fix everything himself.
你爸觉得他可以修理好所有家里一切的东西
You majored in something practical like engineering, medicine or law.
你的主修科目一般都是工程技术,医药,或者法律.
You live with your parents and you are 30 years old (and they prefer it that way). Or if you're married and 30 years old, you live in the apartment next door to your parents, or at least in the same neighborhood.
你和你父母住在一起即使你三十岁了,他们喜欢这样的方式,就算你三十岁也结婚了,你住的公寓与父母的家靠得很近,至少都是在同意个社区里
You don't use measuring cups.
你不使用量杯
You feel like you've gotten a good deal if you didn't pay tax.
你会千方百计地使自己少缴税
You beat eggs with chopsticks.
你用筷子敲蛋
Your parents' house is always cold.
你父母的房子总是让人觉得很冷.
You have a teacup with a cover on it.
你的茶杯是有盖子的
You reuse teabags.
茶袋你一般都是重复使用
You have acquired a taste for bittermelon.
你敢尝试苦瓜的味道
You like congee with thousand year old eggs.
你喜欢皮蛋粥
You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached -- it means they're fresh.
你喜欢虾是带壳的,(那样会使你觉得很新鲜)
You never call your parents just to say hi.
你打电话给爸妈从来不只是为了说声好而已
You always cook too much.
你老是煮太多
If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight.
如果你不住在家,当你爸妈打电话给你,即使是在半夜,他们都会问你吃过了没有
Your parents tell you to boil herbs and stay inside when you get sick. They also tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods because they produce hot air.
你爸妈告诉你生病了要去煮中药,要呆在家里. 他们也告诉不要吃炸的,或烤的东西,因为那些东西无论炸或烤吃了火气很大
Your parents never go to the movies.
你爸妈从来不去电影院
Your parents send money to their relatives in China.
你爸妈寄钱给国内的亲戚们
You use a face cloth.
你使用毛巾(洗脸)
Your parents use a clothes line.
你爸妈用衣架
You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don't eat the last piece of food on the table.
你把碗里的所有的东西都吃完,但掉在桌上的饭粒就算一颗掉下,你也不吃
You starve yourself before going to all you can eat sushi.
当你去吃的自助餐之前,你先把自己饿扁
You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelry or electronics.
你认识的朋友里可以给你很好价钱的珠宝或是电器
You never discuss your love life with your parents.
你从不和家理人讨论你的爱情生活
Your parents are never happy with your grades.
你的爸妈从来都不满意你学习的成绩
You keep most of your money in a savings account.
你把大部分的钱都放在储蓄帐户里
Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
你的牙膏都是被挤得扁扁的
You have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
在冰箱里你的储物盒里常有三口的米饭,或是鸡翅膀
You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant.
在中餐馆,你从不点"咕嚅肉","孚蓉蛋""大杂烩"
You hate to spend more than $5 for lunch.
你觉得午饭花了五块钱是很奢侈的
You like to eat chicken feet.
你喜欢吃鸡爪
You suck on fish heads and fish fins.
你吃鱼眼睛和鱼鳍
You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer.
饮两大瓶啤酒后你脸就变红了
You look like you are eighteen, or younger.
你看起来象十八岁,甚至更年轻
You only buy used cars.
你只买二手车
You have more than five remotes in your house.
在家里你至少有五台的遥控器
You leave the plastic on the lampshade for ten years or more.
家里的台灯上的塑胶的保护膜都已经有十年或更长久
You can't bear to throw things away.
你舍不得把东西都扔掉
Your unassisted vision is worse than 20/500.
你裸视眼睛的视力比20/500差.
You've worn glasses at least since the fifth grade.
从五年纪开始,你就一直戴眼镜
Your parents (or some other close relative) own a grocery store or restaurant.
你父母或者近亲,拥有自己的商店和旅馆
You drive around looking for the cheapest gas.
你开车到处转为了找最便宜的汽油
You add twice the amount of water recommended when making orange juice from concentrate.
当你在冲橙汁浓缩的时候,你总是加入比建议同样份量的水两倍
Your grandmother lives with you and your family.
你外婆/奶奶住在你们家
You never order desserts at restaurants.
在餐馆你从来不点甜点
You always have water when dining out.
你在外头吃饭的时候,经常喝水
You say "aiya!" and "wah!" frequently.
你经常说"哎呀"和"哇"
You have to read all your parents' mail written in English.
你要替父母处理所有用英文写的邮件
You are constantly being set up with uninteresting (and usually ugly) people by your parents.
你经常被安排去和一些你不感兴趣,常常很丑陋的人见面.
You hate eating cheese.
你讨厌吃奶酪
You have a big aquarium filled with colorful fish somewhere in your house.
在你家里有个大水缸,养着五彩缤纷的鱼
Your mother is strangely obsessed with plants.
你妈常被植物给拌倒
White people look at you strangely if you tell them you are Buddhist.
当你告诉人你信佛教,白人很奇怪地眼神看着你.
You notice the main topic at family get-togethers is food.
你知道家庭聚集最主要的一个主题就是食物
You seldom ever owned new clothes if you were a second child.
如果你是第二个小孩,你很少有机会有自己的新衣服
You never made the school football or basketball team.
你从不参加学校的足球队和篮球队
You grow your own bean sprouts in the kitchen.
在厨房里你自己发豆芽
Your mother made you peel water chestnuts and snow peas.
你妈妈让你削饽齐和剥雪豆的皮
You have an lonely unmarried relative who frequently drops by during dinner time.
你家里的晚饭时间常会有一个寂寞没结婚的亲戚突然造访
You received little red envelopes containing money on special occasions.
你在特殊的节日里会收装着钱的小红包
You cut your own hair?or had someone in your family do it.
你自己剪头发?或者你家里的人替你剪
You keep fresh garlic and ginger in the kitchen at all times.
在厨房里你放着新鲜的蒜和姜.
You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means.
你知道"柠檬"或者"香焦"的另一个含义
You wash and reuse ziplock bags.
你重复使用冲洗干净后有封口的塑料袋
You never drank milk after eating cherries.
吃完樱桃后你从不喝牛奶
You always drink tea after a meal.
你常在饭后喝茶
Your parents grow vegetables in a garden.
你爸妈在花园里种蔬菜
You use doilies to decorate your furniture.
你用枕巾或一些花纹的编织物品装饰你的家具
Your grandmother rapped your knuckles with her chopsticks while reaching food with your fingers.
当你用手去拿食物的时候,你外婆会用筷子敲你的手
Your remote controls are covered in saran rap.
你的遥控器经常被塑胶带包裹起来

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
前一篇:By my side
后一篇:春暖花开
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

    < 前一篇By my side
    后一篇 >春暖花开
      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有